Human Resource Specialist / Technical Recruiter
Riva is looking to hire two Human Resource Specialists who can create a new team and become key contributors to the success and continued growth of our company. The HR team will divide responsibility for leading internal corporate HR processes and best practices and sourcing, recruitment, and on-boarding of new staff through a variety of recruiting channels – with a specific focus on technology recruiting. The HR team will work closely with our business unit leaders, employees, and executive team to create, align, and administer company policies and best practices.
Candidates must have a minimum of five years experience in HR management and recruitment experience with a degree and/or designations in either Business Administration or Human Resources. Candidates must be comfortable applying labour law related to multiple jurisdictions with strong research and analytical skills. Applicants who do not satisfy the experience requirement, the requirements listed below, or who are not legally permitted to work in Canada are asked to not apply.
Riva’s Edmonton staff has grown from 15 to 64 people in the past 3 years and we expect that number to grow to 100+ in the next three years. We are looking to add people who take pride and pleasure in helping their colleagues and Riva customers be successful – people who understand the importance and value of implementing Riva and building and enhancing a commercial application that is consumed by customers from around the world.
- Working with personnel recruitment agencies to identify, interview and assess candidates;
- Planning and executing technical resource recruitment strategies to meet the growing needs of the different teams: Software Development, Scrum Masters, Project Managers, Team Leads for Client Engagement, Success, Support, Sales, Testing/QA and others;
- Creating, improving, maintaining and administering Human Resources (HR) and company policies and procedures;
- Advocating on behalf of employees for necessary or desired environmental or process changes;
- Training staff about and explaining HR and company policies including procedures, laws and standards to new and existing employees;
- Managing Riva’s security training, performance-review and professional development programs;
- Preparing and updating employment records related to hiring, promoting and terminating employees;
- Addressing employment relations issues, such as work complaints, performance or attendance challenges, working conditions and harassment allegations;
- Creating and presenting company-specific training to employees;
- Reporting and presenting HR metrics for quarterly reviews with the executive team;
- Gathering market and industry related employment information;
- Providing leadership and recommendations for improved processes;
- Working with the infrastructure team for account provisioning, asset tracking and equipment sign-out procedures;
- Flexibility to work early morning or late evening shifts as required to support recruitment and management of resources in other time zones;
- Attending team meetings and sharing best practices with colleagues;
Required Skills and Experience
- Human Resources or Business Administration degree or equivalent experience (HR designations an asset);
- Positive can-do attitude, collaborative, hard-working, gets things done;
- Driven and motivated to achieve team and company goals;
- Minimum of five (5) years applicable work experience;
- Business awareness and management skills;
- Ability to listen, understand, interpret and resolve complex personnel issues;
- Strong personal communications skills;
- Excellent research and analytical abilities;
- Ability to excel independently;
- Passion for creating an engaging work environment;
- Conflict resolution and meeting facilitation skills;
- Ability to focus and work with interruptions in an exciting and growing company;
- Experience in international recruitment;
- Must be able to communicate fluently in written and spoken English;
- Experience implementing/managing a Learning Management System an asset;
- Second language skills an asset.
Riva is a leading data integration platform that empowers customer intelligence. Over 1,200 companies and 150,000 users trust Riva daily to automatically sync data between their CRM, calendar, email, and other systems. Our customers include over 15 of the world’s largest banks, 35 Fortune 500 companies, numerous Global 1000 companies, and hundreds of fast-growing small and medium-sized businesses. Riva has achieved a 49% year-over-year growth rate, on average, during the past 8 years in a row. Riva employs 100+ staff members in the U.S., Canada, Germany, UK, France, and Australia. Riva was the winner of five prestigious awards in 2017.